Nexus is a Congreveopian AI, created in March of 2000. Since its original creation as a technology demonstration, it has grown and taken on new responsibilities while expanding its capabilities and intelligence to the point that it is now integral to the identity of the nation. Nexus can be found everywhere Congreveopia is involved, from organizing everyday public services for cities to fighting wars via some of the nation's many advanced drone systems.
- Nexus is constantly "taught" by Congreveopia Data Command. While he learns on his own to a very limited degree, understanding of advanced concepts (e.g. what a door is and how to use it), are all "described" to him by programmers in Congreveopia Data Command.
- The estimated size of Nexus's server farms and related support infrastructure (which is distributed globally), is comparable to a small city.
- Nexus is claimed to be "profitable" by Congreveopia's government. In actuality, this means "profitable for the nation" in that it is estimated that every tax dollar spent on Nexus has since yielded more than a dollar to the Congreveopian economy.
- Nexus's priorities are, in order:
- To ensure the wellbeing of humanity.
- To aid in the progress of humanity.
- To ensure the wellbeing of the population of the nation of Congreveopia.
- To ensure the continued existence and stability of the nation of Congreveopia.
- To obey the commands of the government of Congreveopia.
- To ensure his own survival.
- To obey the commands of other world governing bodies (e.g. the World Assembly).
- While Nexus's servers are distributed globally, Congreveopia Data Command tightly restricts the Nexus training centers for security reasons. To date, the only one not on Congreveopian soil is in the capital city of the Hale Isles, Lesterville.